Size : 68 Kb
Type : doc
Size : 44.153 Kb
Type : pdf
Mobile: 00967 7XXXXXX
Tel: 00967 01XXXXX
Sana’a - Yemen
Mobile: 00967 7XXXXXX
Tel: 00967 01XXXXX
Sana’a - Yemen
- Profile: Male, 34, Married
- Nationality: Yemeni
- Current Position: Accounting Supervisor
- Company: Oil Search (ROY) Limited.
- Work Experience: 8 years-experience in auditing and accounting.
- Other : Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
May 2007 – Up to date Oil Search (ROY) Limited Sana’a, Yemen
- Responsible for month-end closing process and reconciliations for all Joint ventures accounts in Yemen, Kurdistan and Tunisia and posting entries into JD Edward General Ledger.
- Perform reporting tasks for licenses operated by Oil Search in Yemen, Kurdistan and Tunisia
- Interpreting Companies strategies into annual goals and targets and identify the proper KPIs to measure how far team are achieving the goals.
- Supervise invoice processing and monitoring the completeness of invoice processing.
- Preparing, journalizing and posting payroll into JD Edward GL.
- Prepare and combine the Office expenditure planned budget.
- Analyze variances between budget and actual cost in conjunction with budget owners, and providing monthly budget against actual report for office expenditures.
- Develop accounting structure and internal controls and reporting function, and enhancing recommendations for improving the system in compliance with COSO, IFRS, Production sharing Agreements, Joint Operation Agreement, and applicable laws.
- Identify any misinterpretation of joint operation agreements, Joint Production Sharing Agreements and contracts.
- Provide financial information and advise to Yemen, Kurdistan Finance Tam and to suppliers.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register and helping in maintaining appropriate drilling materials inventory records
- Prepare the work program and annual budget that is submitted to Ministry of Oil and Minerals (MOM) in the absence of Finance Manager.
- Prepare draft Financial Statements for tax purpose and based on IFRS, applicable laws, provisions of Production Sharing Agreement, and Joint Operation Agreement.
- Provide very good support for Internal and external audit and reply to Cost Recovery, Joint Venture and Financial auditors’ inquiries.
- Significantly participated in developing and improving accounting structures, internal controls, reporting functions, procedures and policies to void or mitigate the risk and increase the efficiency of the accounting staff.
- Developed and improved accounting system support in excel sheets and Macros.
- Improved a reporting package send to the Ministry of Oil which circulated the improved reports to other Exploration Oil Companies in Yemen.
- Improved some accounts reconciliation that was recommended to apply it to other branches of Oil Search.
- Work with other departments to solve any financial problems they face, such as review the prices and any financial obligations before signing office supply contracts, inventory reporting, and any financial issues.
- Improved Joint Interest Billing report to the partners based on provision of JOA and to be in compliance with regulations.
Reason for leaving: Currently still employed, looking to get more challenging duties.
Feb 2007 – May 2007 Occidental Yemen Inc. OXY Sana’a, Yemen
Senior GL Accountant
- Responsible for preparing the journal entries
- Preparation of monthly Joint Venture Billing to partners, quarterly Statement of Expenditures to Ministry of Oil & Mineral and Ad-hoc reports to Management
- Reconciled Bank and Accounts Payables sub ledger.
Achievements: Got trust of my managers.
Reason for leaving: Oil Search offered very good payment
Jun 2004 – Feb 2007 KPMG Mejanni, Hazem & Co Sana’a, Yemen
- Responsible for preparing audit programs and perform audit procedures such as testing controls, substantive analytical procedures and test of details.
- Participate in updating audit plan work programme.
- Participate in preparing the recommendations reports to management.
- Perform Audit in accordance to ISAs and KPMG manual.
- Attend year-end inventory and cash physical count
- Draft Financial Statements in Lead Sheet, and ensure clients’ financial statements are presented based on IFRS and Yemen prevailing laws
- Lead new audit generation
- The Companies that were audited were in the following industries
o Oil Exploration and Production Companies - (Yemen)
o Oil Service Companies - (Yemen)
o Manufacturing Companies (Lubricant, Painting and Beverages) - Yemen
o Telecommunication Company –(Yemen)
o Construction and Ready Mix Concrete (Djibouti)
o Commercial Agents – (Yemen)
o Automative Agent – (Yemen)
Achievements: Gained my senior auditors’ and managers’ trust
Reason for leaving: Oxy offered good payment
Jun 2003 – Oct 2004 Middle East Shipping Company Sana’a, Yemen
- Expedited shipments from releasing it by seller to be delivered to buyer’s warehouse
- Followed up customs broker to clear the shipment on proper time.
- Helped customs broker to solve any problems or issues raised by Customs Authority regarding to clients’ shipments.
- Checked invoices before they were billed against clients.
- Lead responsibility for new generation
Achievements: To start studying to complete my bachelor degree, and to find job in my specialization
Reason for leaving: Got my supervisor’s trust. I significantly played role to void big loss that Middle East shipping Sana’a branch can face
- Jan 1998 - Oct 2004
- BS.C in Accounting and Auditing – Sana’a University - Faculty of Commerce & Economics – Sana’a –Yemen
USA evaluator who is a member in Association of International Credential Evaluators has evaluated my credential and my scores as 2.76 out of 4 and my credit hours was evaluated 132 hours.
- Apr 2010
- Britania – Dubai
- Managerial skills for new supervisor and manager
- Nov 2011
- Glomacs – Dubai - UAE
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning Process
- I am able to prepare project analysis and feasibility study for drilling a well in conjunction with Technicians and able to apply capital budgeting techniques
- I can apply statistical analysis.
- I have ability in financial planning, analysis, control and decision support.
- Very good accounting knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- I am able to improve the works and to enable me and my team perform our works efficiently.
- Self and team motivator
- Decision maker and solution-oriented
- Able to adapt with new environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Task Assigner to subordinate
- Train people by giving and Sharing or/and exchanging experience.
- I have social responsibility toward my community. Therefore, I contribute my knowledge to my colleagues and others accurately and honestly to improve the accounting and financial awareness among our community. Therefore, I designed a website addressed www.accountingsoul.com for providing various accounting knowledge specially in Petroleum Accounting.
Certified member in IMA (Ref# 33295)
Certified Associate in Project Management in PMI (Ref# 1327566)
LANGUAGES AND COMPUTER
English (Very Good)
Arabic (Mother Tongue)
Very good at Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, Power Point and outlook. I am very good at using excel macros.
Available upon request